No products in the cart.
Why Should You Consider Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cells Banking?
Be it Gen Z or millennial parents; they go above and beyond to give their little ones and their entire family a secure and healthy life in the world. If you are one of those, consider umbilical cord stem cell banking! In the long run, you can preserve the umbilical cord blood through stem cell banking to protect your baby and family.
Although it sounds amazing, the decision to do cord blood banking might feel like a big, complicated one. Here’s our expert guide to help you choose the right path!
What is the Umbilical Cord?
The umbilical cord is the lifeline for the baby during pregnancy that serves as a carrier to transport nutrients and oxygen from mother to baby. It has a narrow, tube-like structure connected to the mother’s placenta on one end to the abdominal area of the baby on the other end. It usually comprises three blood vessels – a large vein that carries oxygenated blood to the baby and two small arteries to return the deoxygenated blood to the placenta. During pregnancy, this umbilical cord might grow around 60 cm long. It will ensure that your baby has adequate space to move around in the uterus without causing any damage to the placenta or cord itself.
What are the Benefits of Cord Blood Banking?
In recent years, cord blood banking has emerged as a significant breakthrough in the medical industry. Let’s explore some of the benefits of cord blood banking:
- Protect your family’s health – Umbilical cord blood can be used to treat various diseases. If your family has a history of certain diseases, you can bank your baby’s cord blood to cure diseases in siblings or parents.
- Reveals exciting research uses – With extensive research practices, the importance of saving your little one’s cord blood is greater than before. When you choose to store the cord blood, you are paving the way for potential treatment possibilities for spinal cord injuries, Alzheimer’s disease, and more.
- Perfect match for baby and family – Just like blood group, we have another grouping known as HLA. To undergo organ or stem cell treatment, it is essential to have a 100% match. The possibility of finding a suitable matching stem cell is higher with stored cord blood.
How Many Diseases Can Be Treated with Cord Blood Stem Cells?
Cord blood stem cells are considered a valuable biological resource that could treat a wide range of diseases and conditions when they develop in a child or family member. Experts have approved more than 80+ conditions related to blood and immunological disorders like thalassemia, certain blood cancers and so on.
Every year more than 50,000 cases are being treated globally with cord blood stem cells, including leukaemia and lymphoma. Aside from these approved treatments, preserved stem cells has shown potential to treat autism, stroke, cerebral palsy, degenerative joint diseases, and other cardiovascular conditions.
How to Preserve Cord Blood Stem Cells?
Stem cells are harvested and preserved in specialized cryo-preservation bags placed and over-wrapped in aluminum protective cases. Every sample collected will be labeled with a unique code and stored in a cyro-preservation tank, filled in the vapour phase of liquid nitrogen to the appropriate degree.
About Cryoviva Cord Blood Bank in India
Cryoviva is one of India’s leading Multi-national stem cell banks and has trust of more than three lac parents’ through its solid storage facility. With proper continence plants and the safest social-banking model, we make it easy for new parents to protect their body’s cord blood stem cells.
Cryoviva owns national and international cord blood banking accreditations, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and advanced processing technologies. We are recognized with AABB, CAP, and DCGI. ISO, cGMP, NABL, and WHO GLP, which up; hold our standards and make us the ideal choice.
How to Register with Cryoviva Biotech?
Here’s the step-by-step guide to registering with Cryoviva Biotech:
- Enroll – Sign up for stem cell banking on our website.
- Receive your kit – Inform your gynecologist and wait for the collection kit to reach you.
- Contact us – Contact Cryoviva to schedule your tentative collection of samples, depending on your expected due date.
- Carry the kit– Make sure to carry the kit to the hospital.
- Handover the kit –handover the kit to our representative for collection & transportation to our laboratory.
The cutting of your little one’s umbilical cord is an enjoyable moment. It marks your symbolic journey with your baby. But do you know that the umbilical cord can be a life-saving gift? At Cryoviva, you can preserve your baby’s cord blood stem cells by infusing personal care and modern infrastructure, achieving better health outcomes.
Connect with Cryoviva experts to bank your child’s cord blood and secure a healthy future for them! or read more here.